The Demonic Academy is a brutal six year training program that transforms human into demons by destroying their humanity. Training includes challenges set forth in demonic wrestling rings, how to attack innocents, and how to avoid being detected by good witches. As training progresses and their humanity fades away, they earn chevron to signify their progress. Once a human earns his sixth chevron by killing an innocent, he becomes a full-fledged demon. A human who becomes a demon in this manner can earn more chevrons and additional powers if they render great service to The Source.
The Academy was headed by Kellman, an Upper-Level Demon who was once a human himself. For many years, he posed as a sports agent and then tricked many of his "clients" into Faustian Deals that forced them into The Academy. For his loyal service to The Source, Kellman earned eight chevrons in return before being vanquished by one of his prize recruits, Tom Peters.
Those who become demons in this manner still appear to have a soul; full-blooded demons don't have soul.
(Book of Shadows text:)
- It is our belief that humans who enter into demonic
- contracts can be recruited into the Academy.
- This is the means by which The Source creates new
- Demons. The subject must survive a grueling
- physical ordeal to be admitted to the Academy.
- Following admittance, the subject begins a long and
- brutal training program which destroys Humanity
- and renders the subject Demonic. Upon completion of
- the program, the subject must kill an innocent in order
- to prove that the Demonic Conversion is complete.
- Chevrons are earned as training progresses. Five
- chevrons are earned in the course of Academic study.
- A sixth chevron, awarded for the death of an
- innocent, indicates the Demonic Conversion is
- complete. Additional chevrons represent great service
- to The Source and the increased Powers that are
- Bestowed in return.