- Categories of Ghosts and Spirits
- Influences: the mildest form of ghost. They manifest themselves in a
- vague sort of "feeling" which adhere to places or accasionally
- to objects. often unpleasantly, but in no more tangible form.
- Poltergeists: the noisy ghosts. These manifest themselves by destructive
- outbursts of energy, which cause physical results of various types,
- usually involving the destruction of household objects or loud noises.
- A poltergeist may manifest itself by moving or levitating objects.
- Apparitions: the traditional ghosts, which are the shadowy figures
- that appear and disappear. They are often associated with historical
- locations. Some apparitions have been of the living, and others have
- been animals and objects, for example ghost ships, phantom animals
- or mysteriously appearing and disappearing objects.
- Phantasms of the living: are apparitions of people who are still alive,
- but who appear in one place while their physical body remains in
- other. Such apparitions usually indicate: people who are on the
- point of death, who manifest themselves to someone closely involved
- with them; or are people who are conveying some message of urgency
- (for example, the mother who appears to warn her child of danger) or
- people who are asleep at the time and who project their astral bodies
- accidently or intentionally.
- Hauntings: when the characteristics of apparitions and poltergeists
- are considered to result in psychic phenomena of an alarmingly high
- rate or nature.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.